Monday, October 14, 2013

#stylepost - Skater slip-ons

I love my ankle boots with a heel as much as the next person but when it comes to living in a town where the streets are cobbled and the best bars are down tiny little lanes, signposted by a few wonky steps and a dusty path, then sadly my feet and calves don't agree half as much.

I've always been a fan of Converse on girls but with the recent come back it all feels a little... same-y. Now that the recent fashion weeks have settled down, plus a pinch of back-to-work blues, I seem to be browsing the internet more than ever... shopping online, scouring blogs and topping up my addiction for style.com. And so I've ditched my Converse and found a new love for the Slip-On. A little different from the classic sneaker.. a handful of animal print, some with tassels and others venture down the metallic road; they all spruce up those black skinnies and bomber jackets we're all so into.

CĂ©line, Givenchy, Tory Burch..

They're all doing it,
they're all beautiful,
they're all out of my pre-Christmas price range.

I have found one exception though and it comes in the form of the Zara Bamba Hair Tassel Sneaker; adored by fashion bloggers of the minute, including Danielle Berstein AKA WEWOREWHAT.COM, and they cost £69.99 (€59.95).

Zara Bamba Sneakers
                Givenchy Paisley Slip-Ons (£370)                               Michael Kors Metallic Slip Ons (£80)

All Studio Nicholson's SS13 campaign styled with Celine slip-ons.



No comments:

Post a Comment